Thursday, August 30, 2007

Lego's

I came across (during a search for something completely different), a site that teaches some elements of 3D Studio Max using Lego's. They are using version 8.
Link:
http://www.xtreme-pixel.com/tutorials.php?viewtutorial=275

I tried out 3D Studio Max on version 3 ( I think), and it can be a nice tool. Its more useful for design than technical production, but at the time it worked well with Autocad. Though, I particularly thought the site was intriguing because I use Lego's when I teach AutoCad. I like them because they teach basic 2-d commands, are easy to draft and thus help with showing various ways of drafting the same object, help with accuracy (stacking them on top of each other shows if you make a spacing error), and can be easily extruded into 3-D. And they are great for learning 3-d as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment