Friday, January 11, 2008

Maps

Perhaps a little off topic, but then again somehow almost everything is useful somehow or another in technical theatre.

I have been planning an itinerary for a weekend in Chicago for some friends who are coming. I wanted to map out the locations with markers and no driving directions (or the lines that map quest puts on the map even w/o printing the directions.

The place that I found that I ended up using was: http://www.zeemaps.com/
You can make a list and they will put markers on the map for you. You can link to it from another site, but if you want a PDF they want to charge you for it. I used Print Screen, and put it into word....

There is another site called community walk (http://www.communitywalk.com/about). I haven't played with it too much, but it offers free and paid services, and alot of ability to customize content (audio for example). I could see multiple uses for this (touring for example) that might make it useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment