Monday, March 24, 2008

Teaching

I thought this was an interesting post:
http://thecadgeek.com/blog/2008/02/26/secret-to-training-engineers/

I fully agree with the idea that teaching should be relevant to your audience. During my own AutoCAD courses that I taught, a class full of TD's got a different experience than the classes I taught to stage managers.

I also thought the idea of reading lots of articles but retaining the same about of knowledge gained as the person reading half as many articles. I am not sure how true this is, but I can identify with it in some ways. Additionally, I often file away information away for future sources if they aren't relative to what I have going on at the moment. And there are definitely times when I will come back to that. It's one of the reasons that I enjoy writing this blog - it provides a path of sorts of what I have been thinking about, and articles / information that may be useful that I can then backtrack to as new information comes about.

By the way, the site also has alot of good cad info.

No comments:

Post a Comment